About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Good Morning Florida....



Today is my Friday off from work, so I got up early made my tropical iced tea (passion fruit/papaya), never been a coffee drinker…went out to the back yard and decided just to sit and relax for a while.  Though it was only a four day work week, it was a tough one.  Now, I’m not one that can ever sit still, always have to be doing something.  As I previously stated, we’ve been so busy inside with the summer redecorating, we kinda-sorta-maybe-seriously, neglected the backyard.  Though we have no grass in the backyard, just tropicals and tile, my husband did keep the front yard cut and trimmed, and we’ve had numerous BBQ’s in the backyard, I didn’t notice how overgrown everything was…don’t know how it happened, we’ve had very little rain, but it just did.  Palm fronds need trimming, weeding is seriously needed, and in some desperate need of fresh mulch. 

So, I began trimming some of the date palms, and though it was only 8:30 in the morning, I said “enough of this”…too hot and humid.  So, I got out my camera because it was a beautiful morning, and just took some pictures…mind you, I am showing them, a little ashamed of the unkempt yard, but to my surprise, I did notice I had several Plumerias, Heliconia’s and other plants in bloom, so through the overgrown palm fronds and weeds, I was able to capture some pictures.  This is just life in Florida during the summer months.  We do not have a gardener, because I love working in the yard, it usually is very relaxing for me, but you know what, that just might change after this summer’s heat…during the winter, my husband and I will do it, but next summer, different story!

Now the sky is that dark tropical blue and it’s thundering all around the house, by so far, not a drop of rain…guess the weather report was right, no rain in sight.

Tomorrow is a different day, we are finally going to paint the Plantation Shutters white, and then I think it’s time for some serious backyard grooming…then maybe a nice family BBQ with some cold pineapple mojitos…I’m ready for the weekend…hope you all have some great plans, and it’s not too hot where you are, and you enjoy every moment.



 




















11 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh, so much pretty here! I love plumeria, a lot! Those palm trees look so beautiful. I totally want a pineapple mojito. yum. Your photos are gorgeous. I think working in the yard, and a family bbq sound like heaven, as long as the temps stay reasonable for you. I know it's hot there though. You've also got me craving iced tea now.....off to make some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicolle...thank you for stopping by. I'm telling you, it is so hot here. It's been thundering and lightening all afternoon, had a few drops, thought it was going to pour, and then the Gulf breezes wouldn't allow it to get any closer...uggg...we really need rain. Thank you for the sweet comments about the photos, my lens kept steaming up because of the heat and humidity. My cousins in Dallas are telling me, they are miserable with the heat as well. Enjoy your iced tea and I'll have a pineapple mojito for you as well...:) Hope you have a great weekend...and staying cool!

    my own comments are anonymous...have to figure this out...

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tropical colors of all the flowers you posted, we don't grow them that pretty here! It has been unbelievably hot here, heat factor 116, hottest summer we've had in decades.

    I'll take one of those iced teas please:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these pictures.... you are a girl after my own heart! The color in that hibiscus is amazing!

    it has been nice when it rains here in South Beach, and we get even greener the next day--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joni, thanks for stopping by, and for your sweet comment.
    Your flowers and palms are gorgeous! You have a few I would love to add to my yard. What are the tiny purple flowers on the vine piece? Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh looks simply gorgeous to me!!! Yes...I know floridas summers and jungles well!! To hot to work too long though! Let's see more of your tropical beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous!! Oh I bet it was hot painting the shutters but I bet they turned out beautiful. I hope you have a good weekend and a good week next week.
    Thank you so much for visiting me today and I hope we can find that little pool to dip our feet into. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photos... i can feel the steamy dripping heat~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the very sweet comments, I truly appreicate it...

    Della, I cannot remember the name of those flowers, they grow very well. When I was in Maui, we were walking up a mountain side as we were on the Road to Hana, and I was shocked to see them way up there. I will try and research it and find out the name, you have me wondering as well. They are very pretty, just growing wild, or they can be trimmed as a hedge.

    By the way...still no rain here...dark skies, thunder, lightening, NO RAIN!!!

    Thank you again for stopping by.

    Joni
    here we go anonymous again...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your photos are so beautiful. Really makes me miss Florida. I know it's hot and humid there. We are burning up here in Texas. Everything is stressed or dying. It's going to be a very long summer.

    ReplyDelete