About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chocolate Martini Time...

OK....is there anyone who doesn't love chocolate???  I admit, I am a chocoholic!  I just can't resist it - at all!!!  Though I have been collecting unique cocktail glasses for years, I don't drink cocktails all that often (I'm kind of a light weight when it comes to drinking), but when I do, it's what my friends call "foo foo drinks".  They have to taste either tropical, decedent chocolate, non harsh drinks...in other words, they have to taste like dessert.  With my passion for all the unusual beautiful glasses they have on the market today, when I do put those glasses to use, in the summer it is usually a nice tropical Mojito, with mango, guava or pineapple.  But now that fall has arrived, that mean the warm homey flavor of chocolate.  I love a good chocolate martini, especially after a nice dinner ~ it does become my dessert!  Though there are  hundreds, if not more, recipes out there for a good chocolate martini.  This is one I just happened to make up one day when we had guest over and I made  for them after dinner, they loved it!  Now, there are no exact measurements...so here goes.

I use a small stainless cocktail shaker (around 8 oz), fill a 1/4 of it with ice.
Mix equal parts of Vanilla Vodka, Godiva Carmel Milk Chocolate Liqueur, Amarula, and half and half.   Shake well until frothy, pour into glass and top with shaved Godiva or your favorite chocolate...sit back and enjoy!!!   Yummy!!!







1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! That sounds perfect! I'm saving this and giving it a try.

    Happy weekend hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete