About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day...something important to celebrate....



Earth Day is a day that is intended to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment. Earth Day was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in first held on April 22, 1970.  While this first Earth Day was focused on the United States, an organization launched by Denis Hayes, who was the original national coordinator in 1970, took it international in 1990 and organized events in 141 nations.  Earth Day is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network and is celebrated in more than 175 countries every year. Numerous communities celebrate Earth Week, an entire week of activities focused on environmental issues. In 2009, the United Nations designated April 22 International Mother Earth Day.


                     ADOPT THE PACE OF NATURE, HER SECRET IS PATIENCE




From the Oceans of Southern California

To the Beautiful Red Rocks of Monument Valley, Utah

To the Sweet Corn Fields of Iowa

To the Pristine Blue Grass of Horse Country in Kentucky

To the beautiful State of New York......and all the other wonderful places in between...

Be kind to our Earth, she is all we have, and we want to leave it safe and beautiful for our children, their children and beyond.  We are so fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world...and should take care of it, not just on Earth Day.


3 comments:

  1. Bravo!!!!!! Well said and such gorgeous photos to go along with it!!!!

    I only wish we could celebrate Earth Day everyday and make people aware of just what we're doing to our precious environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a link to this post on my Earth Day post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda....thank you for the sweet comments...I agree, every day should be a day for each of us to do a little more to protect this beautiful world, but I think the awareness is out there, and there are more people who have the understanding and doing their part. My husband and I were at Pass-A-Grill beach last evening, just taking some photos and collecting some shells, I was so surprised to only see one plastic fork on the beach...

    Have a great Easter and upcoming week.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete