About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Restoration Hardware- Aviation-Inspired Furnishings...

It is no secret that I have a sincere passion for Mid-century Modern and specifically Desert Modernism, so when I think of that particular era of beautiful homes and decor,  I also think of those silver airplanes like in “Casablanca”, such as the Lockheed Model 12A Electra Junior. There is just something so romantic about that era, and the old movies when they were traveling inside similar type airlines, it was all so much more personal, and with a certain glam that went along with it, that we just don't see today. The men in suits and the women always dressed up in such beautiful dresses, gorgeous jewelry, and of course always in heels!

Now at Restoration Hardware they have a unique line of “Aviation-inspired designs, and I must agree with the articles on this, it is timeless. It may not be for some people but to me, it is just so unique and I would love to own a few pieces of it. It’s a reminder of those days gone by, though we may not have been born during the “Casablanca” era, this design was carried well through most of the mid-century period. This for many is a reminder of home, family, and even a safer world for which we live in now. So, if something as personal as home décor is important to you as it is to me, this might just be something you too would enjoy.  My favorite are the Wing Desk the Blackhawk Chests and the Rocket Chair - does remind one of a well worn bomber jacket....

Reference:  http://living.glam.com/2011/02/18/aviation-inspired-furnishings-from-restoration-hardware/




                                                      Fullham Leather Sofa, $3,995

Tailored with reverse seaming that exposes its raw edges, this supple leather sofa displays the casual, well-worn hand of a vintage flight jacket. Its oversize profile, foursquare lines and deeply padded arms and back offer seating with exceptional comfort and relaxed style.


 

                                                                 Wing Desk, $1,995

Inspired by streamlined WWII fighter planes, this desk is a shining swoom of metal, its shape mimicking the bent wing of a plane. Poised as if for take-off, it features a polished aluminum patchwork exterior accented with steel screws and built around a solid hardwood frame. Three canvas-lined shelves offer ample storage.

 

                                                        Atlantic Coupe Chair, $1,795

This chair pays homage to the 1938 Bugatti Atlantic Coupe, a futuristic dream machine that was all curves, chrome, and leather. Pairing arms of stainless steel with a warm, vintage leather seat, its sleek, built-for-speed design contrasts old and new to masterful effect. A deep seat and raked back offer considerable comfort, swathed in sumptuous leather.


 

                                                              Rocket Chair, $995

This chair’s aerodynamic curves, raked back and deep, low slung seat recall the cockpit of an early 20th-century vintage fighter plane. Clad in leather with the character of a well-worn bomber jacket, its clean-lined silhouette offers enveloping comfort.

 
                                            Blackhawk Chests, $1,495 – $1,995


Inspired by the gleaming nose cones and fuselages of mid-20th-century aircraft, these trunks are clad in a patchwork of polished aluminum panels accented with exposed steel screws. Rounded corners and inset drawer pulls give them sleek, aerodynamic lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment