About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Taco Bus...St. Petersburg, FL and an Evening at the Beach...

I know you're thinking what is a "Taco Bus"?  Well, it's a small yellow (truck) bus, that serves the best authentic Mexican food I've had since eating in those little whole in the wall places in Los Angeles.  The food is so authentic and beyond delicious, For moment, I forgot I was in Florida and was out west again.  The original Taco Bus is located in Tampa, and has been a gathering place for those who desire the honest taste of Mexico.  Now, another one has opened up in St. Petersburg, right across the Bay on Central Avenue.  So, for those of you that live in the Tampa Bay area, I would highly recommend you stopping by.  For us, it's about a 30 minute drive, but so worth it...matter of fact, we went on Saturday before heading off to Tampa, and again, yesterday while my daughter and I were out doing some shopping.  This place is fabulous!!!  Besides their food being so fantastic, the drinks are so authentic such a the Pina Agua Fresca I had and the Coca Cola Mexicana in the bottle that my daughter had...there are many others as well.  After standing in line, you order at the "bus" and you can either take it to go, or there is enough seating, some outside under the umbrellas or inside which is all opened to the fresh Florida breezes!

Left click to enlarge photos
 
My sweet daughter with my Agua Fresca

A view from the side
 
A view of some of the outdoor tables and the "opened air inside"

                                                 Long long lines, but so worth the wait

After a trip to the Taco Bus for a late lunch - early dinner, my daughter and I went to HomeGoods to look at some summer items for the back yard, and since I had my camera with me, we decided to go to the beach to watch the sunset.  It was a perfect Florida day, temperatures in the mid 70's, very low humidity, and not a cloud in the sky.  As we got to the beach there was the usual warm breezes coming off the Gulf Coast.   Love watching the children run along the shoreline chasing the dolphin.  It made for a wonderful end to a great day together. 























4 comments:

  1. Love this post... You make me long for Bradenton and the beach. Can't wait until someday we are able to come back down there for vacation. I am gonna try the Taco Bus too. Thanks for posting this, the beaches are the prettiest in St Pete, and Sarasota.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to eat from the taco bus. That is right up my alley! Love all of your pictures here. The sunset and the ocean are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous! I love Mexican food and this sounds like such a treat. Hmmmmm...wish we had one here.

    Loved your sunset photos...gorgeous...the perfect end to your great day.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joni, you are now my new best friend! I haven't had authentic Mexican food since I moved to Florida. Well, at least nothing near as good as those hole in the wall places in Los Angeles. When you compared the Taco Bus to those, I was hooked! Since you've had the best, I know I can trust your judgement. I already googled both addresses and it turns out I'm right in the middle between the two. I am a lucky girl today.

    I'm also happy to see that you made it down to the beach to enjoy a sunset with your daughter. I know you left the comment that you need to do this more often and I'm going to be watching to make sure you do!

    Hugs and thanks again for the info on the Taco Bus, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete