About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Party Vignettes...



When decorating your home for the holidays, it's always nice to have a special area designated as what I call "little vignettes" for your party guests.  It can be over the top, or just something simple and intimate.  I found a few pictures from different websites of some vignettes that aren't just for cocktails but ones of special candies, desserts, and unique edible treats for those special family and friends.  The ice sculpture is bit extravagant, but it gives an idea of something you can create in your own home maybe in a cute design like a Christmas tree or just a smaller version of a fountain.  I just think the sparkle from the ice, adds such a beautiful effect to any holiday party, especially in warmer climates, since we don't get snow.  Something I try to do is prior to Christmas, set up a very simple but special vignette for my family to have hot cocoa, spiced hot tropical teas or cider, unusual goodies, like homemade Churros, and even a huge plate of nachos, fresh fruit and dip, or anything that probably won't be served for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  We will sit around listening to Christmas music and wrap presents or if the weather permits, have it set up in the Lanai.  Our backyard is 80% saltillo tile, an in the ground spa, surrounded by palms and other tropicals, so we will turn the on spa light, start the fire pit or the Chiminea, sit and look at the stars and just enjoy the quiet after a busy day or week.  I love those special moments with my family, and whatever I can do to for them to make it even more memorable, makes me the happiest.











Here are a few very adorable items I found at Pottery Barn that would add to a nice cocktail party vignette...I just love the faux fur stole and the snowman cocktail shaker...oh who am I fooling, I love them all!!!


This is just too adorable, reminds me of a "Old Hollywood" fur stole

These crystal and white light strands would add such drama to any cozy vignette area

The wine stoppers are so perfect for the holidays

Who wouldn't love a nice holiday cocktail made with this...he is adorable

Santa outfit and a cozy scarf and hat for wine bottle, too cute



No comments:

Post a Comment