About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Creating A Holiday Ambiance...

No matter your style or taste, or even where you live, when it comes to decorating for the holidays, I think most of us want to create a warm and inviting environment in our homes for our family and friends.  Sometimes it's just those small touches of beautiful crystal garland that sparkles while intertwined with candle light, or one of my favorites, is using a plain beveled mirror tray and  place a variety of unique sparkled candles, then place some individual crystal snow flakes scattered about the mirror.  Some examples are in the pictures below that was found on a decorating web page.  Living here in Florida, whenever I can, I try to create at least some areas of my home with that sparkling effect using diamond dust covered white candles, mirror and crystals, to give an illusion of a winter wonderland - even when you look outside at all the palm trees!  Over the last several years, I've noticed that in most of holiday decorations, the use of clear glass, or vivid colored glass, and even mercury glass is being used more and more in such unique ways, along with the old fashioned round glass colored Christmas bulbs, that use to just be for hanging on a Christmas tree, is now being used in such glamorous ways, that your imagination can go wild and create something so unique to your taste.  It seems like no matter where I go for holiday decorations this year...everyone has feathers.  Whether they are miniature trees, wreaths, or garland.  I have to admit, I fell in love with a white feathered wreath, nothing on it, just that  "Old Hollywood" look...and I bought it.  Not sure yet as to where it will go this year, but I couldn't resist and can't wait to see it up.  It's simple but so pretty...
















2 comments:

  1. I love your signature - "Always dream big." That's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dionna, thank you, that was really sweet. I just feel that with God, anyone's dreams can come true!

    ReplyDelete