About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Walk-in Closets...

What woman doesn't love a large, well organized walk-in closet?  My wonderful daughter still lives at home, she works full time and is STILL in school, studying to become a child psychologist.  And, I wouldn't want it any other way, we love having her here, she is not only my daughter, but my best friend.  She has a nice size walk-in closet in her room, but it's just very typical, with the coated clothing racks, shoe racks, and accessory racks, and not so great lighting.  Though she is very organized, everything in it's place,  jeans, skirts, dresses, hoodies, you name it, all in order it isn't all that pretty to be honest, just very organized and simple.   With Christmas coming up soon, my husband and I thought it would be really nice to give her a beautiful luxurious closet.  A closet with organization, even down to her 40 plus pair of sunglasses...We hinted to her about it and she was thrilled, but we didn't exactly tell her we were going to do it for her, but I would guess, she knows, after all, she is 24 not 4.  Instead of spending thousands of dollars on this project, which I would never do anyway...we had her pick out some walk ins that she loved, and we went to IKEA and picked out a few pieces, and measured, and measured and measured again, and chose just a few pieces that would fit in there perfect.  Not only are the prices for these individual pieces great, but when we move, it can all come down and go with us, and if not needed in another walk-in closet, can be used in a variety of other areas.  She chose the chandeliers, but hasn't decided on the color quite yet.  Since there is no window in there, the white may be the way to go, though underneath the frosted glass shelving, which will be 5 in all, we are putting LED white up lighting, so I believe there will be plenty of good lighting.  I've added below, just a few of the pieces we have chosen for now, but we still need a few more pieces.  I'm so excited to get started on this project...the only problem is, when and how, there's no hiding this gift in another room, I think she would see it!



Some beautiful walk in closets found on the Internet






A few of the pieces we found from IKEA








The two chandeliers she loves







1 comment:

  1. My closet is pretty big but NOTHING compared to those you've shown.

    I think your idea for your daughter is a wonderful one. Lucky girl.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete