About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Monday, September 6, 2010

A long couple of months...











I've been out of reading or writing on my new blog for some time now. A lot of things have been going on, some not so good, but all is great right now. Been taking care of some personal family issues with my family out of State. I found out that my Grandmother passed away a few weeks ago. God Bless her she was 94 years old and just a little sweetie. Though I had only met her twice in my life, she was still family and I am deeply sadden with the news. I am so very grateful for my wonderful husband of 34 years and daughter, and my three little fur-babies, they make everything right in the world. With the Labor Day Holiday just about over with, I must admit, I have been getting ready for the Holiday Season. I am just a crazy nut when it comes to decorating for Christmas. Yes, I know it's a little too early to think about that, but not for me. I'm already compiling my list of things for cooking, baking, decorating and entertaining. I have a file on my desktop just full of decorating ideas and recipes. Though I am Hispanic and I try to stick to many of those traditions, such as tamales, flan, etc. when preparing the entertaining part, when it comes to decorating, I love anything that sparkles and is unique. Just having a little trouble waiting for Home Goods to start getting in their Christmas stock...excited!!! But, in Clearwater, there is a Christmas store that I have been going to for about 27 years, and they are fully stocked and ready for me!!! So, during the last couple of months, my husband and I try to get to one of the local beaches each weekend and take long walks so I can do my photography thing. I've added some here, we are so lucky to have these beautiful beaches at our doorstep and it's a nice memory of summer. Thank you for allowing me to rattle on, I really missed this blogging thing, and missed reading all the great women bloggers, and their inspirational writings. Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day and God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment