About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fashion Forward Fur-babies...

OK, I admit that I am an animal lover. I have three precious fur-babies, Armani a 6 year old, 4 1/2 pound Maltese, Harlow Angel, an 8 pound Pomeranian, when she was a baby, she had two white markings on her shoulders that looked like angel wings, thus the middle name, she still has them, but she is so fluffy, it's sometimes hard to see them. Then we lost a dog, Montana who was almost 15 years old, the day after we lost him, our Pom had a little surprise for us...our little Madison Rose, who is a Maltipom. We had no idea that Harlow was "expecting", yes she got a little heaver, but it wasn't time for her Vet visit, so we were clueless. After rushing her to the Animal Emergency Room, we discovered she was pregnant with just one little baby. As I called during her surgery at around 2:00 in the morning, we were told the baby did not make it...my daughter and I cried for again another loss. Upon our going to pick up Harlow at 5:00 am...we discovered that the wonderful Vet was able to bring the baby out of it and she was perfect. We truly believe, she is a gift from God and helped us over the Holidays, this was on December 19, 2008 and deal with our loss of Montana, though he could never be replaced, she has brought so much joy into our home and still does. So, do I dress them? Yes, I admit it. Do I put sparkling collars on them, Yes, I admit it. Do I have dog carriers? Yes, I admit it. Do they each have their own special beds? Yes, I admit it. Are they spoiled...oh yeah!!! They love getting dressed up to go out, or just chill around the house, don't ask me why, because I don't know. Though I like to dress them, I am not a fanatic, but nonetheless, love to look at our local boutiques. So, of course I would add a post about dogs and all the adorable items out there for them. Most of these photos are taken from just Doggie Boutiques.














2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting on my blog. I love your blog also. Hope you don't mind, I have added you to my followers. Your pictures are wondeful. You live where my heart is. Florida will always be apart of my heart, my daughter lives there. Things aren't the best between her and I, but perhaps someday they will be. I will pray that you get to go back to where your heart is. I know God will hear your prayers.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, no I am very happy to have you as a follower, I added you to mine as well. Thank you so much for your kind sweet words. If you heart is here in Florida, I hope through some of my pictures or other communication, I can help make you feel like you are here! And I pray that you and your daughter will be great again, REAL SOON!!! And I appreicate what you said about me and my family going back to where are hearts are also...and we know that God hears our prayers...never stop believing! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete