About Me

My photo
I was motivated to start a blog by reading all the wonderful talented individual's who have blogs out there. So, I want to make this blog about everyone who reads it. My family and God always comes first in my life. I want to share my experiences and in turn, hope to get feedback and ideas from you. I love unique things, I adore anything that sparkles (not over the top though) I love decorating, cooking, gardening, photography and shopping. My number one passion is photography! To me it becomes more than a picture, it can become a piece of art, or a beautiful memory. Decorating, though I am not a professional, and don't claim to be, has been a part of my life since I was very young, and just love searching and shopping for new ideas and incorporate the old, such as Mid-Century Modern and Hollywood Regency with contemporary. Living close to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, and being of Hispanic heritage, I love cooking Mexican food, and love to share my authentic recipes. Though I live in Florida, my heart is in the desert southwest, and hope that my family and I will return there very soon…keep your fingers crossed that my prayers are answered SOON!!!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Area Rugs with a little extra something....SPARKLE





Though we are “almost” completely done re-decorating, remember, I said almost, we all know it never ends…and I am desperately trying to be ahead of the game for the holidays…I’m still always looking for something unique for our home.  As my family is well aware, I love sparkle.  Whether it’s in crystal chandeliers, jewelry, shoes, or mirrored furniture, I am totally obsessed with sparkle.  So, when I came across these area rugs, you could only imagine how excited I was.  Now, I know they are totally out of my price range, won’t even ask the costs, and I also know that my fur-babies would think the Swarovski crystals are some type of toy…but I must admit, they are stunning.  So, I am hoping to find someone locally that can attach some Swarovski Crystals (purchased through Swarovski Elements)   http://www.swarovski-elements.com/   possible in just one are of the rug to give it enough sparkle but won’t be enough that the fur-babies will want to bother with.  Through Swarovski Elements, they do give so many unique ideas, I may even attempt to do this myself, if I feel it would look well put together and not like a craft project.  I want it with simple lines and not too much, so just maybe, I could do it myself…oh well, there is another project on my list; those lists never end, do they?














 

5 comments:

  1. I like the last two rugs the best. I love the design on the blue one but the color on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These rugs look very familiar. I believe that they are reproductions of a rug line that I used to order from in the late 80's and early 90's. I'd say they need another century before they will be popular again. They used to match very well with my modern arcitechture in my old home. How funny that they made a comeback so soon! Would love to see how you incorporate these into your home :)

    All the best- Marianne from South Beach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sparkly in the rugs! :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Area rugs are even more attractive when they complement your furniture. Therefore, they should be carefully chosen in accordance with your interior design. They bring harmony to your home décor and balance off the stark looks that rooms tend to acquire when you go for pastel colors especially and area rugs cheap are the best way to furnish a room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Area rugs are a great way to personalize your home or office environment. They add color and artistic expression, whether you want it to be mild or wild! And, rugs certainly help to define the mood or character of a room. There's only so much you can do with walls but there's almost no limit when it comes to using rugs as part of your decorating plans.

    rug repair darien

    ReplyDelete